Oil & Gas State Availability

State Availability and Licensing Requirements for Oil & Gas
Green States You must have at least one financial license (Life Insurance, CPA, CFP, Series 65)
Blue States In addition to having a financial license, in the State of Texas you must have either a Finder's License or be Securities Licensed with a Broker Dealer. RIA's are eligible if only an asset fee is charged.

Please note that securities licensed individuals must disclose their outside business activity on their U-4 or from ADV and provide a copy to AAI. Alternatively, Series 65 licensed RIA's may choose to charge a fee to their clients and receive no marketing fee from AAI.

*RIA's can only charge a fee in the state of Texas, no other transaction based compensation can be paid unless the RIA is dually licensed with a Broker Dealer.